Sunday, May 2, 2010

Read into it


At the moment I am getting some work experience in the library [which is awesome!] but today while I was doing some data entry of authors and titles, I couldn't get over the amount of books named "Some guy's woman"



The Time Traveller's Wife
The Zookeeper's Wife
The Doctor's Wife
The Senator's Wife
The Pilot's Wife
The Centurion's Wife
The Kitchen God's Wife
Prophet's Wife
The Diplomat's Wife
The Dopeman's Wife
The Heretic's Daughter
The Memory Keeper's Daughter
The Murderer's Daughters
The Apothecary's Daughter
The Bonesetter's Daughter
The Calligrapher's Daughter
Frontiersman's Daughter
The Gravedigger's Daughter
The General's Daughter
The Florist's Daughter
Songs for the Butcher's Daughter

Needless to say, when searching for books titles "The _____'s Husband/Son", results were bleak. No "The Surgeon's Husband", no 'The Senior Account Executive's Son". 


Now I'm putting my hand up right now and admitting I haven't read any of these. I just don't get it. Is there one very famous book  similarly titled which they are all just paying homage to? Can anyone explain this to me? Because honestly, I'm not impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment