Thursday, January 10, 2013

holidayyy


I am glad I am on staycation because it's  6:45am and I still haven't slept because I am too excited! I just booked a trip to Thailand for two weeks before I go home in March!
THAILAND!
Two weeks of sunshine and white sand and turquoise water and coconut milk based curries and boat trips and cheap massages and jungles and elephants..... shiiiiit!

For the record, I don't do this. I don't go on vacations as such, I don't spend hundreds of bucks on a flight when the stay is only a couple of weeks. I don't go somewhere with the plan of just travelling around, or laying on a beach.
I save up all my money, and I apply for work or study visas, and then I go to a big city (until korea, a big north american city) and I get a job and an apartment and settle down for a year. I'm not knocking it, because I love it. But it's very, very different to this.

But here I am, in Asia, nearing the end of my contract, and I didn't travel anywhere during my summer or winter breaks, so I'm finally going to go on a trip. An amazing trip!

I am flying in and out of Bangkok, so I'll check out some palaces and markets and all that. After a day or so I am going to head north to Chiang Mai. I'm already looking forward to the train journey, a window seat to admire the scenery and a good book and I'm golden. Chiang Mai has been highly recommended by a good few friends. I want to do a jungle trek, and I hear there is an elephant sanctuary there too. After a few days I might go west to Pai, near the Myanmar border. About half way through, I want to make my way down to the islands. I'm not sure if I should fly, or get a train, or instead of going there directly go back to Bangkok for a day and split the journey in two.
I want to visit Koh Phangan for sure, probably go to the full moon party, but a good friend has told me about some unreal and much more secluded areas as well that I have GOT to go to. I might check out another island too... I've really only become remotely familiar with Thailands geography in the past couple of hours, so this plan could change. And it probably will once I get there and meet some people in hostels and stuff.


So excited, yo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment